Call for Camp Counselors
AFS is an international, non-governmental, not for profit organization offering experience-based learning opportunities to young people to help them develop intercultural skills and a more global perspective on issues of global interest.
Türk Kültür Vakfı (AFS Turkey) and AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V. (AFS Germany) collaborates to offer intercultural opportunities for young people this summer in 2017.With our Global Prep Summer Sessions, we offer international summer camps for groups of high schoolers (age 14-17) from Turkey and Germany. The groups of 20 to 30 participants will be accommodated in youth hostels and will experience a carefully planned program of workshops, excursions, day trips and fun activities. Working language at camps is English.
Intercultural STEM Summer Sessions: Labs and Engineering for a sustainable future – July 29 to August 13
Intercultural Science Lab in Wolfsburg for students from Turkey and Germany
We are looking for 2 Volunteer Camp Counselors from Turkey!
Camp Counselors will
- live with the group on site and be available for issues concerning individual and group needs and well-being
- accompany and guide the group in their overall program of workshops, excursions, day trips, and fun activities, including using public transport to get around with the group
- run daily intercultural reflections according to a set curriculum.
Expectations towards applicants:
- At least 19 years old
- Available for the full length of both the session and the respective training weekend
- Proven experience of working with international youth groups, preferably in a camp leader position
- Basic knowledge of intercultural concepts and models
- Interest in the session’s topic
- Able to listen and speak comfortably in English, fluency in German is a must
- Stress-resilient, team-player, with a talent for logistics and travel
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. the participants’ mother tongue) is a plus
- Arrive on July 29, 2017 with the participants to the camp venue in Germany and depart on August 14, 2017
Counselors will receive detailed training on the program, curriculum details, technical and administrational questions, and intercultural aspects of group needs on the weekends of June 9 to 11, 2017 or June 23 to 25, 2017 (The dates will be confirmed very soon). Participation is obligatory and costs will be covered.
Arrival date for Turkish camp counselors is on the same day with the participants; departure can be at the same day as participants. During the session, full board and lodging is provided, travel expenses will be reimbursed. Further, Camp Counselors will receive a compensation of 50 € per camp day for the total 17 days.
Applications via http://link.afs.de/gp-betreuer
Please download the form from the link, fill out, sign, scan and send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add your motivation letter and CV to the application e-mail.
Deadline: May 10, 2017
For questions regarding the call please contact email@example.com